The new Grand Sport combines the Corvette's LS3-based powertrain with unique, wide-body styling and a racing-bred suspension for a distinctive model that delivers a great balance of road and race track performance. It is offered in both coupe and convertible body styles, with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The LS3 6.2L engine is rated at 430 horsepower (321 kW)* and 424 lb.-ft. of torque (575 Nm)* with the standard exhaust system. An optional two-mode exhaust system elevates the power ratings to 436 horses (325 kW) and 428 lb.-ft. (580 Nm).
The Grand Sport replaces the Corvette's previous Z51 package and brings a greater degree of handling performance, with wider wheels and tires; revised shock, stabilizer bar and spring specifications; and specific gearing. The equipment enables cornering capability of 1.0 g, as well as a 0.2-second improvement in 0-60 acceleration vs. standard LS3-powered models.
Grand Sport coupe models equipped with the manual transmission are uniquely outfitted for race track competition, too, with a dry-sump oiling system, differential cooler and a rear-mounted battery.
* Wider front and rear fenders – including specific front fenders with integrated Grand Sport badges
* Z06-style front splitter and tall rear spoiler
* Functional brake ducts and extra cooling
* Unique 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels; painted finish standard and chrome finish optional
* Large 275/35ZR18 tires in front and 325/30ZR19 tires in the rear
* Z06-size brakes, including 14-inch (355 mm) front rotors with six-piston calipers and 13.4-inch (340 mm) rear rotors with four-piston calipers
* Specific manual transmission gear ratios
* Specific rear axle ratio on automatic-equipped models
Source: Chevrolet Press